Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lazy Sundays

Sleep in and lazy Sundays are my absolute favorite. It was always something Josh and I enjoyed before E was here, but I love it even more now that E is with us. Josh doesn't have every Sunday off, but we had today together so we made a great day of it. E slept great last night and is finally falling into a pattern. Lately, he has been sleeping from [around] 11 until 3, up/feed/change/snuggle, back down until 6:30. Things around the house went smoothly all morning and we even managed to venture out on a fun adult play date with Josh's brother Zach and his wife Shannon! We decided to check out the renovated bowling alley here in town and throw down for a few frames. Unfortunately they were pretty well booked, so pool it was! I managed to knock a few balls in the pockets, but it was much more enjoyable watching Zach and Josh, who knew what they were doing. The kiddos tagged along (duh..) and were really well behaved! It is so nice to get out and I think E enjoyed it, as much as a three week old can! It was a great few hours. After running a few errands, we came back home and had a great dinner [french toast!] Overall a great day, but pretty uneventful.

OK. So onto something else and just a warning, its a rant. So here goes..Something I never really expected to happen when I had a baby is, what I call, the space invaders. I admit, I am not a huge fan of people in my personal bubble anyways [shocking, I know], but I am an adult and can deal with it. E is like a space invader magnet. I never knew how many people would just walk up and touch him or unzip his car seat cover to see him?? What the??? I mean really?? He is asleep in his car seat in the cart, zipped up, little face cover flipped down and all...so hey creeper, come on over and open his little happy cocoon and aggravate him...no go right ahead, its cool. Better yet, here, just take him on out and snuggle with him, he doesn't know any better so he's real friendly....whatthehellbackoffmybabyyouweirdo!... But, I am an adult, so I just have to smile and make small talk....about the baby who had just went back to sleep and was snuggled in ready to head on home from the store, but is now a crying, fuss-pants because you keep poking him. The doctor doesn't poke him that much, back off. No, I don't want your advice on how to calm him, he was fine until you invaded his space! gaaahhhh! End rant. 


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment