Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring?

Usually I hate this time of year. I am one of those weirdos who loves winter. I love the crisp air, the clean linen covered hills the warmth of being cozied up at home; I love it! So when thaw time rolls around I usually get pretty bummed out. Snow turns brown and dirty, I start to see the leaves I didn't rake last year, spring yard and house clean up list start formulating in my head...ugh, spring...This year however, I am looking forward to spring. Spring means Baby E's first hikes, walking with the stroller around the 'hood, getting back into a routine and getting back into shape! I am actually excited for spring and what it holds. I can't wait to take him to some of our favorite hiking spots, places that someday he will walk around with his family. Places that hold such special meanings for us, now we get to share with our son. I'm going to be sad to see the snow go (& don't worry, I know we are supposed to get a storm this afternoon, I know spring isn't actually here) but I'm more excited to see the grass green and the trees bud, we've got a lot to teach our little man about the outdoors!


We had an awesome day yesterday! Ran a few errands, which isn't something I would typically be excited about, but a s a new mom its a reason to wash my hair, apply make up and wear real pants. Josh had the day off, so we stayed in bed late with buckaroo then ventured out. Josh's parents brought over dinner and hung out in the evening. Baby E had a better night last night, sleeping for a few hours snuggled up with my sitting up then a long stretch in his bassinet! We even were able to catch a few extra hours between 630 and 8! Yay for sleep!


In other news, could he be any cuter:


























*ok maybe I'm a little biased, but really...he's pretty cute ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment