Friday, February 7, 2014

Crazy days

Sometimes I just want to throw my hands in the air so everyone knows I've lost control of the ship. Wave the white flag, call in back up, consult the manual.


Because I have no clue what I am doing. At. All.

I'm currently camped out in the bathroom, while a chorus of cries erupt from outside the locked door. Not to be alarmed, because their father is out there, so should any actual need arise they would be attended to. But it isn't need that drives them. I am convinced that my children are driven by sheer will to break mama.

Take for example our early morning routine. Hudson usually wakes up first, happy and hopping in his crib. I remove him from cage and try wrangling him into a new fresh diaper -cue tears #1

After he is dresses and ready for play I quickly whip him up breakfast, usually something along the lines of
oatmeal or pancakes. However, I never move fast enough and he is obviously starving so -cue tears #2

I strap huddy into high chair -tears #3 and get his food to him. Usually around this time Easton awakes from his slumber. If he doesn't come out of his room immediately crying, he will start crying as soon as I tell him papa is at work -#4, that we have either the truck or the car (he asks every morning which vehicle we have at home and it's always the wrong answer and it doesn't matter which answer it is..) #5, and then to cap it off he cries over what I made for breakfast #6.

After breakfast we move on to morning playtime. If we get thru these hours with out cries #7-14, it's an absolute shocker.

Cry #15 accompanies Hudson's morning nap. #16 is when I don't tuck him in right, #17 is when I won't turn on the tv/give Easton the iPad/watch a movie etc before he picks up the living room.

#18 is usually when Hudson wakes up. #19 will be because some toy got swiped from brothers hands, #20 will be a fall down or a head bonk or a why aren't you holding me mama?!?!?


And so on and so forth and fifth and sixth, you get the picture..

It is almost a constant parade of tears, screams and shrieks. 

but not always...

Sometimes it is a hurricane of anger and throwing and yelling and hitting. Both boys can turn on the crazzzzyyy at any given moment. Hudson is constantly on the move, he gets into everything and puts everything in his mouth. Easton breezes through the house the way a tornado breezes through Oklahoma. He can overturn the cleanest of houses with a wink and a smile, his not-so-tiny brother right behind him checking to see if there is anything edible among the wreakage. 
He gets his crazy face from...el diablo perhaps?

[I had to stop there and just came back to this post two days later...]

We had to venture out to the "big store" as Easton calls Meijer today. I really should have known. I just should of known. At one point I was letting Easton pick out his birthday toy (5 days after the day+lack of surprise=mom of the year!)  and I turn around to check the cart and..
Huddy Hustle can not be contained
At least he had a birthday donut!

 These kids drive me crazy, in the worst way and best way. I am always trying to come up with new things to keep them happy and occupied. New crafts and adventures. We build big forts and secret hideouts. But lately, thanks to this:
the snow hangs down further these days

It is pretty though
 the cabin fever is an epidemic. We try to go out and play, but Easton only lasts about 10 minutes. The little one doesn't go outside when its anywhere from -22 to a steamy 7 degrees out. Instead he hangs out inside working on throwing the ball and feeding himself.


Even though these days are rough, it makes the moments when I do steal away more worth it, more savored, more appreciated. I was able to step out yesterday morning. and by step out I mean rush over to my sisters to play car roulette. But I took my time getting home since josh was there, I may have even taken a nice quick soak in her jacuzzi tub [which is ALWAYS worth it and I will ALWAYS find time for it]. And my sister and I got out for a little wedding consulting in the afternoon. There was a time when it was awful to leave my boys. I would get really sick to my stomach and upset about it. I still choose to spend any free time {what?!?!? free time, hahahahahhahahah} with them. But I have learned that taking 20 minutes a day to myself makes a huge diffference and if i can get more, thats great too! Because I know when I get home, they will be waiting.





No comments:

Post a Comment