Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mama thoughts.

I love being a mom.

It is the hardest and most important thing I have ever done. I feel alive when my children are around me. I pour ever bit of me into them.

and often it is not enough.

The still want more. they need more. 

Hold me, pick me up too. go mama. outside mama. bath mama? no nap. NO MAMA! 

It will never be enough. But thats ok, because that little piece thats missing. that i feel like i cant achieve, that keeps me moving forward. Pushing to be a better parent and partner. It forces me to sit still on the floor and build garages for hours. to stop and paint a picture for papa with little bear. to delight it seeing an airplane take off even though we aren't on board traveling some place warm.

That drive to be better slows me down and stops me.

It helps me create. with them. for them.

for me.

they give the love i wish i could.

No comments:

Post a Comment