Monday, August 5, 2013

Easton: The Negotiator, the smug and the crazy.

Easton has a great future ahead of him, perhaps as a lawyer. He is constantly negotiating and trying to convince us of things that aren't totally necessary. He likes to throw in little clauses to seemingly simple things.

A typical conversation about what we have to do that day goes like so:

me: Lets get dressed, we have so much to do today. We have to run to the bank, go to target for diapers and wipes, go to Papa's work, then come home and pick up the house and make dinner, OK?
easton: ok go to town, go to bank get sucker go to target go to mall tree (one of those play spots in the mall where kids and germs run freely), get pretzel, get diapers get treats at target go to papas work ride bikes and get lunch come home have treats play ipad, pick up toys? OK?, OK!
me:...wha?
easton: Ok! Lets rwolll.

He always throws an questioning ok? followed by a quick confirmation ok! together at the end of his sentance, as if to say don't think to hard mama, we've discussed and agreed this will be how it is going to go today! ok?OK!

He has learned to work with numbers and try to get an extra little something OR less of something he  doesn't want.

me: you can have one marshmallow for being a great helper and listener today!
easton: one marshmallow and then one more marshmallow that's all, ok?ok!
me: no, one marshmallow.
easton: yes one marshmallow, then one more.
me: then you are having two marshmallows, not one.
easton: ok mama, I will have two.
me: well, crap.

easton: I not want three bites. I take one, two only. Then done, ok?ok!
me: no, you have to eat three bites and then you are done.
easton: I not eat three. I eat two thats all.


Easton is also a little..sure of himself.

Like when you say wow you are really smart/cute/funny/compliment,

He replies "Dat's True."

But if you say something like You're silly/goofy/a ham, anything said with a laugh

he replies, "no not silly, You silly. You goofy. NOT HAM!!"

He has a little crooked smile and a side eye gaze that gets him out of everything. E-V-E-R-Y TO THE THING. He is such a ball of energy! He has covered more things in baby powder than I care to count, stored a number of "treasures" in every heating vent he can get open, not to mention all the hoarded things (trash, shoes, dog toys, you name it-the nastier the more coveted) under his bed, he dumps water out of the bath by the cup full, and his brother squeals when he gets too close (I say joy, you say fear. Tomatow, Tahmato). He goes 120% at all times, stopping only for a sip of water and a marshmallow. 

But, he is mine. And I think he is completely awesome. 
Bubble concentration. 


rice krispie bandit.

always blurry


Sums him up.



No comments:

Post a Comment