Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First off, today is this handsome guys birthday:
happy birthday love!

Last friday we set up out swing for E, and by we I mean my sister Katie. This is the one we got:

 It is from Target [duh:)] and it is very cute, I love grey and yellow together, so I was really happy when I saw it! The chair part of it actually pivots 90 degrees so that is swings in both a swing pattern and cradle pattern.

It is SUPER great, I absolutely LOVE it! And I love that it doesn't always put him to sleep. Sometimes he just sits there in it, looking around, hanging out. It does help him fall asleep, but he has to be tired when he gets in, otherwise he's just hanging out. :) *he is swinging in the photo, so its blurry*


We have had a pretty great couple of days. We is starting to fall into a pretty good routine. He spends more time awake during the day and tends to fuss in the evening. We are still trying to figure out how to calm the fuss faster. We head into bed around 8:30ish and watch tv until 10. He lays in between us and just hangs out during this time. He gets fussy around 9 and we walk him around, bounce him, nurse, paci, snuggle, whatever works that night...Once he starts calming down, Campy goes to bed in the living room, the bedroom door gets shut, and we flip on the turtle night light. Then as he really starts falling asleep, I move him to the bassinet and its lights out! So far this is working pretty well, as long as we stay calm and stick to it! 

We have been so incredibly lucky with E. Even though we have had a few rough days, it has only been a few. He is a wonderful little guy. He doesn't spend all day fussing or grumping. He will hangout with anyone and doesn't mind being passed around. He loves baths and good morning snuggles. I find myself wondering what kind of person he will grow up to be [eventually, I  am not rushing it.] I hope he enjoys hiking, riding bikes and sports like we do, but if he doesn't I wont mind. I hope that he grows up filled with understanding and compassion for other people, both who share his views and ideals and those who don't. I hope he knows that love is love, and all people deserve it. I hope he grows up both strong and kind, like his dad. I hope he knows that life involves struggling and achieving, but those are only two small pieces of the puzzle. I hope he knows that if you work hard, you are rewarded. But also, that you deserve to play just as hard. I hope he is always respectful, but sticks to his beliefs. I have all these hopes, wishes, and dreams for him, just as any parent would for their children. More than anything, I hope that he knows our love. For him. For our families. For each other. Because above all else, even as he grows and learns and changes, it is the one thing that will never change. It will only grow. 


xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment